Ahmet Ozcan joined the Family and Litigation Department at F Barnes in November 2017 having qualified as a solicitor in 2015.
Ahmet is a litigator who specialises in dispute resolution. Ahmet has experience in both bringing and defending claims in the County Court, Family Court, the High Court, the Court of Appeal and at the Employment Tribunals.
Ahmet deals with but not limited to; debt recovery, contractual disputes, professional negligence, inheritance claims as well as property disputes including trust issues. He also undertakes Employment Law
Ahmet is also experienced with divorce and general family law to include financial remedy, children and separation.
Ahmet has been responsible for his own case load from very early on in his career, and this has meant that he is very much hands on and client focused. Ahmet takes a commercial and pragmatic approach to support clients and he is strategic and practical, both in litigation and in negotiations in order to reach the best possible outcome for his clients.
Examples of cases that Ahmet has successfully dealt with are as follows:
- A litigation matter where he represented a claimant company raising a breach of contract and unpaid invoices claim. Ahmet successfully obtained an unless order and a strike out due to non-compliance. The client was awarded damages in the excess of £40,000 and legal costs were paid by the defendant. During this claim he successfully defended an application to set aside the Judgment and was ordered 100% of the costs of the application.
- Assisted and represented defendants in a multimillion civil fraud claim, which also involved worldwide freezing injunctions. Included various interim applications for specific disclosure and unless orders.
- Represented a claimant lodging claims in respect of marriage discrimination, victimisation harassment and unfair dismissal in a 5-day listing. Successfully resisted an application from the respondent for a strike out. Successfully negotiated with the respondent, a large-scale cleaning organisation and a settlement was reached for the client.
- Acted on behalf of a claimant filing a sexual orientation claim, a wrongful dismissal claim and a victimisation claim against a multinational grocery retailer. The claim was listed for 2 days. Successfully filed an application to amend the claim and following the first day of the trial, successfully negotiated with the respondent and obtained a settlement for the client. The Judge commended the drafting of the claimant’s witness statement.
- Represented a claimant in an unfair dismissal and whistle blowing claim against a large care organisation. Following the service of a grievance and thereafter an appeal, a settlement was reached with the employer.
In his spare time, Ahmet enjoys trips to the movies, swimming, and football.
Ahmet is based at our Romford branch.
Ahmet specialises in:
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Employment disputes
- Debt Recovery
What the clients say:
I was unfortunate enough to need legal advice with regard to my employment matters with my employer. It is essentially paramount for the legal advisor to understand your side of things in a constructive manner at the time of frustration,depression and challenges that comes with employment issues and worries.
I found Mr Ahmet Ozcan understanding of my work related issues, he was crystal clear as if he was there with me through all grievance meetings I had with my employer. I would highly recommend anyone to use Mr Ahmet Ozcan's wealth of knowledge in this field to be on your side ! Kamrul Hassan Romford