Contact our solicitors in Romford
Directions to our Romford office
The entrance to our office is located adjacent to the Salvation Army retail outlet in the High Street opposite the British Heart Foundation.
The Angel Way Multi Storey Car Park is located 2 minutes walk away from our Romford High Street office. In addition, The Brewery Car Park is located a 6 minute walk from our Romford High Street office.
Our nearest bus stop is Mawney Road (Stop B), with frequent buses including 86, 128, 165, 193, 496, 686 and N86.
Our office is situated a quick 6-minute walk away from Romford train station.
Directions to our Gidea Park office
Our Gidea Park office is immediately behind the rear exit at Gidea Park Train Station.
We provide onsite parking for visitors.
Margaret Road (Stop AT) regularly sees buses 370, 496, 649 and 650 and is a quick 10-minute walk from our Gidea Park office.
We are fortunate to have Gidea Park train station on our doorstep.
Directions to our Collier Row office
Our Collier Row office faces the Clockhouse Roundabout and is adjacent to Lloyds Pharmacy
Only located a 1-minute walk away from our office is Rex Close Car Park.
Our nearest bus stop is Collier Row Roundabout Clockhouse Lane (Stop EP), with buses 175, 375 and 651 regularly arriving and departing.
Our nearest train station is Romford, located 2.7 miles away.
Our accessibility promise
We understand that not everyone who visits our offices will find accessibility easy, and that’s why we aim to provide additional support where needed. Where this applies to your circumstances, we will try our best to accommodate your needs.
Professional Solicitors in Romford
Unfortunately, life is full of unexpected moments, including family breakdowns. Where this happens, it can cause considerable upset and stress not only for you but those around you too.
Our Romford family law solicitors are specialists in the field and have helped many families from all manner of scenarios, from those we’d consider straightforward to others that are much more challenging.
Our Romford solicitors can help with family law issues, including:
- Divorce, civil partnership dissolution and relationship breakdown
- Financial arrangements upon divorce, dissolution, and relationship breakdown
- Arrangements for children and private special guardianship
- Separation agreements
- Pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements
- Cohabitation agreements and dispute resolution
- Domestic abuse and family injunctions
- Family dispute resolution, including mediation and court litigation
Whilst the anticipation when buying a new property is understandably high, many forget about the complexities that residential transactions incur. Seeking legal advice is a necessity to ensure the entire transaction runs smoothly.
Our residential conveyancing solicitors in Romford can support with matters such as:
- Buying and Selling Freehold and Leasehold Properties
- Contracts and Transfer Deeds
- Lease Extension and Enfranchisement
- Right to manage (blocks of flats)
- Surrenders and Termination of Leases
- Options, Pre-emptions and Overage
- Rights of Way and other rights over land
- Restrictive Covenants
- Land Registration
- Title Issues
The concept of what happens when you pass away can be a hard topic to talk about. Our solicitors completely understand the concerns and worries you might have in relation to these matters, and we will take the time to listen and provide appropriate options to prepare for you and your families future.
Our Wills solicitors in Romford understand and can help with the following matters:
- Drafting a Will
- Estate Planning
- Inheritance Tax Planning
- Choosing executor(s) of an estate
Having a loved one pass away can be an extremely upsetting time and leave you feeling lost. There are many legal issues to consider when someone dies, and it can be an overwhelming matter to deal with alone.
Our solicitors recognise how difficult it can be to deal with probate whilst learning to cope with your loss. We can provide sensitive support throughout the probate process, or where you prefer, we can handle the estate administration on your behalf.
Our probate solicitors are specialists in matters including:
- Estate Administration
- Applying for probate
- Preparing estate accounts
- Selling the deceased’s home
- Paying inheritance tax with HMRC
There might come a time in your life when you are no longer able to manage your finances or make appropriate decisions concerning your welfare. It is possible to nominate persons to manage your affairs if needed by making a Lasting Power of Attorney or ‘LPA’.
Our LPA solicitors have extensive experience providing detailed advice, so our clients entirely understand what an LPA involves and so that your wishes are followed in the event you lose mental capacity.
Our Romford LPA lawyers can help with the following:
- Advising on the different LPA powers
- Advising on how to structure your document
- Choosing the right attorney(s)
- Drafting the documentation
- Acting as a certificate provider
- Registering your LPA
Certain legal matters require a professional with additional qualifications to draw up and certify documentation for use overseas. Sangeet Tatem, Director & Head of Wills and Probate and Notary Public at F Barnes, is a qualified Notary Public and is a specialist in a range of matters including:
- Preparing and witnessing powers of attorney for use overseas
- Pealing with purchase or sale of land and property abroad
- Providing documents to deal with the administration of the estates of people who are abroad, or own property abroad
- Authenticating company and business documents and transactions
- Affidavits, oaths and declarations
- Consent forms for minors to travel abroad
- Change of name documents or deed polls
- Sponsorship forms
- Police documents, CRB checks
- Proof of life forms
- Certifying all documents
- Legalisation at the Foreign Commonwealth Office and other embassies and Consulates
Being involved in a dispute can severely affect your everyday life. Without a proficient solicitor, matters can intensify and have a harmful impact on your mental wellbeing and other areas of your life.
Our team of litigation and dispute resolution solicitors will deliver sensible, specialist advice to avoid conflict and establish an appropriate solution, whether this is through ADR methods or court proceedings.
Our solicitors in Romford can assist with litigation and dispute resolution issues, such as:
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Service charge disputes
- Negligence claims
- Inheritance claims
- Right of way disputes
- Property disagreements
Our business law services in Romford
Whether you are purchasing property to become a landlord or for development, our solicitors have a wealth of combined expertise in commercial property. We will provide clear, realistic advice you can trust.
Our solicitors in Romford can assist with commercial property matters in Romford, including:
- Offices/ Shops/ Industrial Units
- Commercial Sales and Purchases
- Granting of Leases
- Landlord and Tenant work
- Licenses to Assign
- Licences to Underlet
- Licences for Alterations
- Commercial mortgages for re-financing
- Property Acquisitions and Disposals
- Property Finance
Commercial disputes can immensely damage the reputation and everyday operating of a business, impacting cash flow, business relationships and employees, amongst other key issues. If you are involved in a business dispute, our solicitors can help to sidestep any potential escalation with the right strategy. Our solicitors have a broad scope of knowledge and will provide carefully tailored advice to suit your circumstances.
At F Barnes, our litigation and dispute resolution solicitors are experts in the following matters:
- Contractual disputes
- Business disputes
- Building disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Shareholders disputes
- Employment matters
- Claims against Company Directors (including Director Disqualification)
- Conflicts with suppliers or service providers
- Debt recovery/repayment
- Insolvency (including Bankruptcy and Winding Up Proceedings)
Local resources for legal matters in Romford
This court handles adoption, bankruptcy, childcare arrangements, divorce hearings, domestic abuse, housing, money claims, benefits, and High Court cases.
Contact our solicitors in Romford
Get in touch with our friendly solicitors in Romford to talk about how we can help you. You can contact us during our office hours of 9am-5pm at your local branch in Romford, Gidea Park or Collier Row by giving us a call on:
Romford – 01708 745183
Gidea Park – 01708 333711
Collier Row – 01708 743727
Alternatively, contact us at any hour of the day by filling in our online enquiry form, and we will get in touch.