Sangeet Tatem is a Notary Public based at our Collier Row Office - How can she help you?
I am a Notary Public and deal with notarisation and legalisation of all legal paperwork for use abroad or outside the United Kingdom. I can also translate documentation into and from the Malay language.
I am the Head of Wills and Probate Department and am a member of STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners).
I specialise in estates with foreign elements and with the resealing of foreign Grants. Others areas of practice include Court of Protection work, Powers of Attorney, Trusts and Inheritance Tax.
What is Notarisation? When do I need a Notary Public?
Notarisation is a formal procedure for what the Notary states and certifies which will be relied upon and recognised throughout the world.
The primary work of a notary public is to prepare documents; to formally witness the execution of documents; to authenticate the contents of documents and to administer oaths and declarations. By this process the Notary attempts to make the document acceptable to and therefore receivable by foreign jurisdictions.
The most common tasks are:
- Preparing and witnessing Powers of Attorney for use overseas
- Dealing with purchase or sale of land and property abroad
- Providing documents to deal with the administration of the estates of people who are abroad, or owning property abroad
- Authenticating personal documents and information for immigration or emigration purposes, or to apply to marry or to work abroad
- Authenticating company and business documents and transactions
- Affidavits, Oaths and Declarations
- Consent forms for minors to travel abroad
- Change of Name documents or Deed Polls
- Sponsorship Forms
- Polices documents, CRB checks
- Proof of Life forms
- Certifying all documents
- Legalisation at the Foreign Commonwealth Office and other Embassies and Consulates
Our fixed prices are as follows:
Attesting of Foreign Wills
Witnessing with one witness and Notary Public
Spanish Wills with two witnesses and Notary Public
General/Specific Powers of Attorney
Witnessing one signature
Witnessing two signatures
Drafting Powers of Attorney
Attesting Documents and Certifying Documents
More than 8 documents and hourly rate of
|Company documentation (Notary Public to quote)|
Consent for Minors to Travel
Drafting consent forms
Attesting consent forms
|Certification of degree certificates ( usually more than five documents)||£250|
|All prices are valid until March 2018|
If an Apostille is required then there is an additional charge of £43 per apostilled document. The documents have to be sent to the FCO and will take 5 working days to be returned to the client
Please call on 01708 743727 to discuss any of the above.