F Barnes are looking for a Float Legal Secretary to join our team.
Experienced Private Client & Conveyancing Float Legal Secretary Required
We require an experienced secretary to join us as a float assisting legal advisors predominately in the private client and property departments, however experience in family law would be of benefit. The position would require assistance at each of our three offices. The position would ideally suit someone looking to work between 3-5 days per week.
The practice has been established for over 65 years but progressive. Based in Romford, Gidea Park and Collier Row our legal advisors are all specialists in their respective fields and act for a wide range of commercial and private sector clients.
The Candidate Conveyancing
- At least three years’ experience in residential property
- Experience in dealing with all conveyancing searches, Land Registry searches and other property-related admin including producing engrossments and other legal documents
- The ability and experience in dealing with exchange of contracts
- The ability and experience in dealing with matters post exchange to completion
- Good technical knowledge with the ability to work unsupervised and progress matters themselves
The candidate Private Client
- Must have at least two years’ experience in assisting within private client, Wills & Probate.
- The required experience in drafting and preparing legal documentation: Probate, Powers of Attorney, Wills & Trusts, and general correspondence;
- Knowledge of preparing and completing IHT forms.
- Good overall technical knowledge of private client work with the ability to work unsupervised
The candidate generally:
- Experience in Family Law a benefit but not essential
- Excellent administration and organisational skills;
- Friendly and approachable
- Dealing with correspondence
- Typing legal documents
- 60+ wpm
- Liaising with clients face to face, on the telephone and via email
- Must have fast and accurate audio and copy-typing skills
- Team player with bubbly personality
- This is a permanent position to assist and support both conveyancing and private client departments but some family experience would be beneficial
- Must have sound legal secretarial experience, preferably within a small practice - where being hands-on and working as part of a team are key
- Working as part of a friendly, enthusiastic team
Salary is competitive
CV to Joanne.email@example.com