F Barnes Banner Image

Court of Protection

Court of Protection Solicitors in Romford, Essex

If a family member or close friend has lost mental capacity and has become unable to manage their own affairs and they have not made an Enduring or Lasting Power of Attorney, you or someone close to them will need to apply to the Court of Protection to be appointed as their Deputy to help manage their affairs.

Thinks to consider are:

  • Do you have concerns about a family member’s mental capacity to deal with their affairs?
  • Are you already responsible for managing someone else’s affairs?
  • Are you concerned about your own ability of managing your affairs?
  • Is there a dispute or uncertainty about someone’s ability to make decisions for him/her?
  • Is there a dispute about what social care, residence or medical treatment is in the person’s best interest?

If any of the above applies F Barnes legal advisors can help you.

Applications to the Court of Protection for Deputyship involve complicated procedures and paperwork, and can often prove hard for someone to undertake on their own at what can be a very upsetting and stressful time.

It is important that you know exactly what powers you need to apply for as there are different types of powers. There are those that entitle you to manage the financial affairs or health matters and those that provide a much more general power to help with their financial and other decisions.

F Barnes solicitors are experienced in making such applications and have the knowledge of knowing what to say in a tailored way to suit the individual. By using our experts you have the greatest prospect of a quick and successful result. Our friendly straightforward advice will take account of the whole picture and provide you with immediate peace of mind.

Call us today to make a no obligation appointment and let F Barnes Solicitors take the stress out of an already difficult time.